Monday, June 1, 2015

**FINISHED!**


 I've been working on this afghan for the past TWO YEARS. Maybe longer. I tucked it away when I got tired of it. I found several skeins of the variegated stuff at the thrift store for a couple dollars... and it was with skeins of green that didn't exactly match. My first thought was to make it half and half but as I went along I decided to get some blue too and stripe the second half. I got green to match and blue to match... so I actually spent six more dollars... less than ten anyway for this 48 inch square afghan. Bigger than I have ever made. Knitted anyway. I might have crocheted a bigger one.


This other afghan is one that I made for my first mother in law MANY years ago. Before I had kids. Like about 40 or so years ago!! Recently my sister in law gave it back to me. It made me smile, my version of a pastel rainbow. I had forgotten about that stitch, it's pretty.

Anyway. Only two socks away for ALL FINISHED UFOs. Two socks, you may say. That sounds like a whole pair. Actually it's 2 half pairs. Now why did I start the second pair before finishing the first?

I have no idea.
 post signature

ohhhh this yarn is calling me. I may have to make an infinity scarf with it. ;) It's by Red Heart and it's called "unforgettable" And it is.


No comments:

About Me

My photo
just a crafty grandma experimenting with all sorts of things. My main interests are paper craft of any kind and quilting/sewing. But I've done leatherwork, polymer clay, on-the-wheel pottery, painted molded ceramics, papier mache, stained glass, plaster casting, linoleum printing, paper making... you name it, I've probably tried it. A few I actually stuck with. :)