Saturday, January 20, 2024

UFO assessment


Just re reading some posts, trying to figure out when I started the rectangular blue afghan that I found deep in the closet. To my shame, 2015. I guess when my dad died, I shoved it in the closet. 

Well I've been working on it in the evenings, and it's getting there. Right now, it's 36x44. If I add another 5 rows, or six if I do an edging, then it will be about 40x48 or so. I guess that will be a good lapghan size... I do not, however, know why I was making it, or who I was making it for. I didn't realize it was there, I don't really remember it. I kind of vaguely remember buying the yarn, I think I was with my daughter and son in law. But did I have a recipient in mind? Don't know. I do know that was a time of life I was kind of on autopilot. I was spending weeks at my parents' place, trying to take care of them when I really should have had them both move to assisted living. Hindsight is 20/20 though, can't go back. It's hard to do self care when you are caring for everyone else. 

The trouble with cleaning out to the very bottom of that closet.... so much I don't know how to deal with. All of Mom's quilts. All well worn and well loved. All need patching. Not in good enough condition to donate. BUT..... how can I just toss them in the trash??? 

I did let go of more of mom's clothes. Only took me almost 5 years.

So one UFO almost done, maybe a couple more days of evening crochet. 

One day at a time.

post signature

No comments:

About Me

My photo
just a crafty grandma experimenting with all sorts of things. My main interests are paper craft of any kind and quilting/sewing. But I've done leatherwork, polymer clay, on-the-wheel pottery, painted molded ceramics, papier mache, stained glass, plaster casting, linoleum printing, paper making... you name it, I've probably tried it. A few I actually stuck with. :)