Thursday, July 11, 2024

Musings on 107 degree days

Thursday....to figure out where stuff goes. Some goes places I can't reach because of what is piled up in there, some go other places, and some I have no idea.

I have read several things about how to not procrastinate, and why it is hard to make decisions, but there doesn't seem to be a magic thing that I could do (which is what I would like) that will solve everything. Going through stuff triggers everything. Trauma stuff. How can I possibly toss stuff from my kids' stuff... But they don't want it. It's only my own feelings that stop me. I am not rejecting anyone when I let go of the stuff. But sometimes it feels like it. 

More to be added.

Today is Friday. So far, it's "only" 104 but it's only 3:30 pm. Today I was trying to print an A4 pattern on US letter size paper. So far so good. We will see when I actually make the pattern. It's a Barbie dress and a Barbie asymmetrical  romper, it has only one shoulder. Both patterns are from Jhoana Dolls. They are in Spanish, which isn't really an issue, the videos have no words anyway. But the patterns are on cm graph paper, and are supposed to print out A4 size. So a bit of a challenge there. Also printed out a crocheted finger puppet by @paradise_amigurumi. 

I really like Jhoana Dolls' patterns. They are simple, well fitting, and elegant. I know enough Spanish to kind of get by, and the videos don't have words, just a demonstration. I think it will be fine. I did ask a question before I figured it out by myself, we will see if someone answers.

Back to the sewing/craft room. Need prayer, LOL
post signature

No comments:

About Me

My photo
just a crafty grandma experimenting with all sorts of things. My main interests are paper craft of any kind and quilting/sewing. But I've done leatherwork, polymer clay, on-the-wheel pottery, painted molded ceramics, papier mache, stained glass, plaster casting, linoleum printing, paper making... you name it, I've probably tried it. A few I actually stuck with. :)