Monday, September 14, 2020

Birthday Blessings

 Three cards today, one made at 4 AM when I wasn't sleeping anyway. The first one is a gelli print. I put blues and a bit of green on the plate on top of a stencil, took off the stencil, and pulled the print. I loved it, didn't think it needed any more layers. The Birthday Blessings was from playing around with the Cricut that Loretta gave me, and I was experimenting to see the sizes. I cut out a whole page of these in different sizes, because I love the sentiment for birthdays, and have used it before on cards. Loretta's birthday is coming up, but since I can't send it to her, I'll have to figure out who to send it to. 

The second one is a piece of card stock I used to clean the brayer while gelli printing! I loved the colors, added a touch of yellow with bubble wrap, some stamping, and some glitter. It was fun. I never use glitter, but somehow ended up with glitter embossing powder, I think I got it in a thrift store box. But I was just laughing and glittering away... and now I'll have glitter in the craft room forever. 

The last one is a marble print scrap from a long time ago. You take a box, put a small amount of ink in it, several marbles, and fasten a piece of card stock in it, then tilt the box around until you get the effect you want. Sometimes just little lines like this, or use more ink and it has thicker lines. It's fun. I remember doing a bunch awhile ago, but I was clearing out my scrap box and there it was. 

I'm getting there, using up scraps, clearing out extra stuff. Thinking of my mother in law especially today, since her birthday was in September, and there are strangely no other birthdays in September in our family.  Every other month has at least one. So I'm sure I'll figure out who to send them to. 

Still super smoky here, we're in the red zone, that's second highest. I've been glad for masks, since I've even been wearing them in the yard. 

It feels so good to create. Yesterday I was in a lot of pain, couldn't sleep last night so I made cards! I have decided to just not get anxious if I can't sleep, just go ahead and get up and craft. Why not? Well today it meant I was up from 3 to 7 and then slept from 7 until noon. I don't like that. BUT.... for now, it is what it is. I know there are plenty of people out there in the same boat.



No comments:

About Me

My photo
just a crafty grandma experimenting with all sorts of things. My main interests are paper craft of any kind and quilting/sewing. But I've done leatherwork, polymer clay, on-the-wheel pottery, painted molded ceramics, papier mache, stained glass, plaster casting, linoleum printing, paper making... you name it, I've probably tried it. A few I actually stuck with. :)