Sunday, September 6, 2020

Club Scrap card kit

I ordered something from Club Scrap, which I haven't done in years. I was a member back in 2009, and got a kit a month for several months. Back then it was stencils. I loved it, but it gets expensive when you commit to every month. This time I ordered a card kit, it's one that was featured in a subscription kit but since it's leftovers I think there are no cutting instructions and such. But I saw a cutting diagram of z fold cards, and since I always like something different, I decided to try it with this kit. Here are the results. I have not done every card in the kit but so far I love love love these. 


The kit comes with four of these laser cut butterflies, which are so gorgeous I wanted to hoard them, but put them on  cards. You cut out all the card parts first, it took me about 15 minutes to get it all together and get everything separated into piles for kits. But then when I went to put a card together, it only took me five minutes to assemble! I still have 2 kits I haven't assembled, and I think I've decided to make ahead assembly kits so I can grab things when I want a card. So in half an hour or so I gathered up some cards I already made, made a couple more, and am ready to deliver a little packet to someone who loves hand made cards to send out. 







This second one has a "birthday blessings" die cut I did a long time ago on a Cricut. My sis in law Loretta gave it to me. It's an old one, it doesn't connect to a computer or anything, and I only have 3 cartridge sets, but I love this, and will make more for my stash since this is the last one. The butterfly came in the card kit. 

As I have been organizing my craft room, I have been encouraged. When my mom moved to assisted living, that room got stuffed with her stuff. I've been gradually letting it go. I still have a LONG way to go but at least there's a spot there to craft.

Except I did these on the dining room table LOL








This one is made from scraps from the kit, and a butterfly die cut from my stash. below, one of the cards open. It's hard to see, but the strip across is a folding mechanism. The card is folded into a Z shape with that strap across, so it's a bit different than a traditional card. 





Another  card, with a punch in the center from a Martha Stewart punch. I think the punch broke years ago, but this was cut from one of those paint samples you get at paint stores. 
The puffy butterflies are from the card kit.





All in all I enjoyed this kit. There are still a lot of scraps left, and two more kits I haven't done as well. I'm looking forward to leaving this (below) on someone's porch tomorrow.






In looking around at Club Scrap, I think I could have found the butterfly kit instructions. There are a ton of instructions here.... https://clubscrap.com/how-tos/instructions/
I am loving learning new folding techniques, because I get tired of just doing plain cards and I think there are plenty of room to use custom backgrounds as well. 

Here's kind of where I started. I'm in a Michael Strong facebook group, and This lady is one of the people that run it. Hetty lives in the Netherlands. Here's her blog post about the z fold cards. I need to do better with photography instead of just casually balancing things and hoping for the best. Oh well.


I then followed the links on her blog to the Club Scrap instructions. In case someone wants to do this.

And I'm off to look at the instructions for cutting something else. I still have quite a bit of papers I'm trying to use up so I really don't need to order much. But these butterflies caught my eye of course. I don't have enough butterflies, ha ha.

I found the link to the kit, but I don't remember download instructions, LOL... oh well, I had some difficulty ordering because of MY mix up, not theirs. So who knows. It also said limited edition, so it may not be available for long. 

post signature

No comments:

About Me

My photo
just a crafty grandma experimenting with all sorts of things. My main interests are paper craft of any kind and quilting/sewing. But I've done leatherwork, polymer clay, on-the-wheel pottery, painted molded ceramics, papier mache, stained glass, plaster casting, linoleum printing, paper making... you name it, I've probably tried it. A few I actually stuck with. :)