Thursday, September 17, 2020

My color seems to be teal at the moment....

 Kind of sad today. I'm trying to clear out stuff, but I get all stuck on the sentimentality. My dad would be laughing at me if he knew that I got all sentimental over those hog rings. Keep plugging along, right?


This is a stencil from Tim Holtz, but I'm not liking the results yet. I tried using a blending tool for this. I love the stencil but am trying to figure out how to get the detail. I'm going to have to watch Tim again and figure out why I loved the stencil...



Sometimes when I get things, they sit for awhile. This die was not the best die, that's what you get when you buy cheap. It took a long time to get all the pieces out. I did two of them, but the other one tore. Go figure, that's the one I turned into a card first.

The background on the left was a gelli plate that I dabbed with one of those produce bag things. I cut off the best parts of the die cut, so that's what was left. It's much prettier in person.

The thank you card I printed on computer (the greeting) and then added the peacock feathers. I colored with gelatos straight on the stamp, then misted the stamp to print. I love the dreamy look.

And that's how far I got today. I went through all my cards, and I'm going to have to get writing. Or give some away. I enjoy both. 

Now to go dig into my parents' stuff and find something else to cry over LOL


post signature


No comments:

About Me

My photo
just a crafty grandma experimenting with all sorts of things. My main interests are paper craft of any kind and quilting/sewing. But I've done leatherwork, polymer clay, on-the-wheel pottery, painted molded ceramics, papier mache, stained glass, plaster casting, linoleum printing, paper making... you name it, I've probably tried it. A few I actually stuck with. :)