Monday, September 21, 2020

yesterday's leaves


The leaves for these cards were printed by inking the leaves and then running them through my die cut machine. I just experimented until they came out like I wanted. Initially I was going to do gelli printing, but just didn't feel like getting everything out. So I ink printed. It's funny, because at least in my experience, the best leaves for printing with are new green ones. But it's always in the fall when I get the urge to do leaf prints. The one in the middle has a leaf I fussy cut and put on with foam tape so it's three dimensional. I like them all. The card and envelope sets I got for half price at Hobby Lobby quite some time ago. It's a lovely set. 

So in spite of how unsettled I feel and how crazy the world is, here's some autumn leaves. I wish I could have my granddaughter come on over and leaf print with me. Not to be this year. Tears me up, missing everyone so much. But we have to keep hanging on, things are hopefully getting better, not worse. 

Somehow hope is hard to come by, so I'll just grab some that is flying by, and somehow trust that in the end, all will be well, somehow. 



post signature

No comments:

About Me

My photo
just a crafty grandma experimenting with all sorts of things. My main interests are paper craft of any kind and quilting/sewing. But I've done leatherwork, polymer clay, on-the-wheel pottery, painted molded ceramics, papier mache, stained glass, plaster casting, linoleum printing, paper making... you name it, I've probably tried it. A few I actually stuck with. :)