Sunday, September 27, 2020

Cat Hand Mixed Media Morsels, #4 Glue Resist experiments

Was watching Cat Hand videos in the night, and decided to try her glue resist technique. There are my scribbles. We will see what happens... She only does one little card, but I wanted to experiment with different media and techniques. 


so here they are painted and wiped. I discovered that it's harder to get the paint off the glue than it looks. top row, left, diluted paint, middle, undiluted paint, right, dry brushed paint.
bottom row, CP inks, Sauna and Eucalyptus, blended. Middle, Aquatini and Green Tea, ink smooshed. Right, Seedless Grape distress ink, sprayed.
I actually like them all, its fun experimenting. I think I will use regular embossing more, but to just scribble, it works. I will wipe them off a bit more when they are dry, and coat them with mod podge before I put them in my notebook. The process is written on the back, so if I get inspired to do it again, I will have a chance of coming up with something similar. 

So it was a fun break from what is Normal Life these days. I also took a nap outside this afternoon, thinking about my grandma, because my nap was on her lawn swing. I was trying to figure out how old it is, it has to be older than me... I slept on it a lot growing up, because I loved sleeping outside!! Also thinking of my mother in law, because I was serenaded by her wind chimes. Gave me some smiles.



post signature

No comments:

About Me

My photo
just a crafty grandma experimenting with all sorts of things. My main interests are paper craft of any kind and quilting/sewing. But I've done leatherwork, polymer clay, on-the-wheel pottery, painted molded ceramics, papier mache, stained glass, plaster casting, linoleum printing, paper making... you name it, I've probably tried it. A few I actually stuck with. :)