Tuesday, September 15, 2020

Cards when you want to write a long letter

These cards are for when you want to write a long letter. I don't often write long letters, but there are times when I started on a regular card and couldn't fit in all I wanted to say. So I made some cards for those times when I feel like I have a lot to say. They are 4 1/4 x 5 1/2. A whole sheet of card stock folded in half. So there's a bunch more writing space.

The prints are gelli plate prints. The first has printing with leaves on top of it, and some have stencils, or stamps added. Voila, multi media. Some are printed with ink, some with acrylic paint, some with both, some with Posca pen addition, one with die cuts added. It's whatever I feel like doing at the time. 

And so the pile of prints goes down. These are the ones I was satisfied with and didn't want to add another layer or anything. Quite a few more in that pile that needs a little something more. I'll work on those another day. I also have a  bunch of rocks I want to paint, mandelas to make with the dotting stencils, stamps to carve, unending cards to finish, pop up card ideas, a wall hanging to quilt, a big quilt to finish piecing, a bunch of pillowcases to make.... oh I am sure The Idea Lady with Less Follow Through. 
Trying to follow through these days, clear out the cobwebs in my corners and my brain.










post signature

No comments:

About Me

My photo
just a crafty grandma experimenting with all sorts of things. My main interests are paper craft of any kind and quilting/sewing. But I've done leatherwork, polymer clay, on-the-wheel pottery, painted molded ceramics, papier mache, stained glass, plaster casting, linoleum printing, paper making... you name it, I've probably tried it. A few I actually stuck with. :)