Wednesday, September 23, 2020

you've got a friend....

 
art journal page, with that die cut again. I just love it, and am thinking of other ways to use it. I did this awhile ago. The bird and cup are a napkin I decoupaged to the page by ironing it with plastic wrap. The paper is lined (it's in one of those old fashioned composition books) and I stamped it with different things, part of a shoe, and I don't remember what else. I scribbled with a white gel pen too. The words are from Carole King... but the voice in my head singing is James Taylor. I'm old. 
I can see a series with these trees, winter spring summer and fall. A card set. Or whatever. 
Even thinking about the creating helps me feel calmer in this crazy life. I didn't make anything today, just cleaned up after myself from the day before. I started a birthday card, some grandchild birthdays in October....hopefully finish it tomorrow.


No comments:

About Me

My photo
just a crafty grandma experimenting with all sorts of things. My main interests are paper craft of any kind and quilting/sewing. But I've done leatherwork, polymer clay, on-the-wheel pottery, painted molded ceramics, papier mache, stained glass, plaster casting, linoleum printing, paper making... you name it, I've probably tried it. A few I actually stuck with. :)