Saturday, September 26, 2020

Solamente hablo espanol un poco.

I didn't make any new cards today. I started studying Spanish again. I remember more than I thought I would! It's fun. So will I use it?? Maybe. It helps keep my mind off of what a crazy world we are in at the moment. 

I also decided to get back to Cat Hand's mini morsels. I am kind of using this blog as a record of what I have been doing, and that has been a really great class. The "canvas" is 1/2 of an index card. Kind of like an Artist Trading Card. I just took a picture of them.


So from left to right. The lighthouse is a stamp, the background is plastic wrap put on wet paint and scrunched. The second one is also plastic wrap but in folds instead of scrunched. The third is a collage. The fourth one is bubble wrap small and large with a stencil on top. The center one is a dendritic print. A blob of paint on plexiglass, then put another piece of plexiglass on top. It is such a cool technique. Then lift a print. The middle right is a layering stamp with smooshed watercolor, and a flip flop dotted print. 
Bottom row, smooshed ink with CP daydream and lime rickey. Michael Strong stamp heat embossed in gold. Middle, alcohol on paint. 1st layer light color, second layer dark, sprinkle with alcohol. The last one is bubble wrap again.


Each technique has a video to go with it. It has been fun. I need plenty of distractions these days, so I will be spending more time "arting" and "crafting" and with my Spanish class.



remembering this little guy, I gave him away, I need to make another. He's from Allsorts. 

No comments:

About Me

My photo
just a crafty grandma experimenting with all sorts of things. My main interests are paper craft of any kind and quilting/sewing. But I've done leatherwork, polymer clay, on-the-wheel pottery, painted molded ceramics, papier mache, stained glass, plaster casting, linoleum printing, paper making... you name it, I've probably tried it. A few I actually stuck with. :)