Monday, September 28, 2020

mini morsels

These are just for my inspirations notebook, which I started with the inspiration of Justine Hovey. This section is mini morsels with Cat Hand. Justine's class was a wonderful year long class where she showed us how to do so many things. Some of Cat's morsels are similar to what Justine did, but she broadened the field by using mixed media, not just inks. 

These are closeups. The actual card is only 3 by 2 1/2 inches. 


Mini morsel #4, glue resist
I did this with several different things. It is so fun to experiment. And I end up with a mini artsy thing. I put them in my notebook to remind me of all the things I have done, and so I can do the technique on something else, maybe a card, or in an art journal.

This is a glue resist with regular Elmer's glue and a wash with diluted acrylic paint. Dollar Tree sticker, Simon Says Stamp sentiment from their "Tiny Words" set. It's thin, so I just bent it around to curve around the glue.










This was also regular Elmer's glue. I then put undiluted acrylic paint on it. It kind of grunged it when I wiped off the paint, but I like that effect. Dollar Tree sticker flower and Simon Says Stamp sentiment again.

I'm thinking that I could just do 2 1/2 x 3 and mount them on a card as a small focal point. I really like this look. 














More glue resist, with dry brushed paint. Dollar Tree stickers again and a sentiment from Maremi's Small Art.
I seem to love these colors. I always think of yellow as my favorite, but I often choose this teal-and-blue combo.















Glue resist and CP ink smooshing, daydream and green tea I think. A CP stamps from her "Welcome to August" stamp set. The mouse just asked to be put under that tree. 😎


The glue this time turned out to be kind of messy but I think it goes well with the smooshing. Another one that may turn into a card. 












Love this, ink resist with clear Elmer's glue, stamps from CP stamp set with Daydream ink, and a star of Wink of Stella, and dots with shiny gel pens. Ink blending with Green Tea, Eucalyptus, and Icing on the Cake. I just might have to do a Christmas card with this.













More ink blending over glue resist, with CP inks. A Dollar Tree wooden sticker that just jumped into my hands, and a word sticker from Maremi's Small Art. 
















The last glue resist with Elmer's again, and sprayed with Distress ink in Seedless Grape. Maremi's sticker. This one reminded me of some kind of universe, and therefore silence. 

I love all of these in their own way. This one, I could just keep staring at and enter the universe LOL













The last thing I did is morsel #5, tissue paper background. I painted the card with Mod Podge and then pushed the crinkled tissue paper on it. When it was dry, I gently brushed it (the paper was blue) with Daydream CP ink. Sticker is from a very old booklet from Dover Books, by Carol Belanger Grafton. I think my kids were little when I got this!!! I added it to the order so I could get free shipping. The stickers were so cute I just looked at them for years. It just fit here. 

I've been making so many cards lately it was fun to do something different. And Some of these I will use when I make cards. I especially love the trees, and the universe, but the others turned out delightfully as well. And that's what I go for, satisfaction and the enjoyment of creating. 

post signature

No comments:

About Me

My photo
just a crafty grandma experimenting with all sorts of things. My main interests are paper craft of any kind and quilting/sewing. But I've done leatherwork, polymer clay, on-the-wheel pottery, painted molded ceramics, papier mache, stained glass, plaster casting, linoleum printing, paper making... you name it, I've probably tried it. A few I actually stuck with. :)