Friday, September 18, 2020

sad musings. Not crafty at all. Maybe I ought to go back to two blogs...

Sad day today. My neighbor died, I don't remember if he was 98 or 99. He's been a good neighbor, since my husband first moved here in 1986. I haven't been here that long, but his daughter and I went to high school together, way before that. He pretty much kept to himself after his wife died in around 2014. He did his own yard work until recently. His son in law took over a few years ago, or tried to, but he'd get out there and have it done before his son in law got here. Then his son in law died, and I didn't know who came over when, but John would still get out there and do things. Spunky. How you live a long time. Be spunky.
I also know his sister, but I haven't talked to her yet. Not long ago she told me she wasn't looking forward to being the only one left. She's youngest, and just had her 80th birthday. I remember how alone my dad felt when the last of his siblings died.

So along with a birthday card I need to make, I need to make a sympathy card as well. Or raid the stash. At least I haven't given them all away. 

And then Ruth Bader Ginsburg. We lost a national treasure today. I know she soooo wanted to stay alive long enough for the next president to be elected. But we don't get to choose, do we. 

Decisions to be made and I would really love to just put them off, but they are piling up. So must think of pros and cons, and just decide, and do what I'm going to do. Whatever that is. 

post signature

No comments:

About Me

My photo
just a crafty grandma experimenting with all sorts of things. My main interests are paper craft of any kind and quilting/sewing. But I've done leatherwork, polymer clay, on-the-wheel pottery, painted molded ceramics, papier mache, stained glass, plaster casting, linoleum printing, paper making... you name it, I've probably tried it. A few I actually stuck with. :)