Friday, May 2, 2008

Sewing machine News!

A few weeks ago, I actually bought a new sewing machine. A Janome Decor Computer machine. I really like it!! I got it at Meissner's in Sacramento and would highly recommend both the machine and the source.http://www.meissnersewing.com/Looking forward to taking a class or two there.

My latest project is with my sister in law. We are in the process of appliqueing 140 butterflies for a quilt started some years ago. Loretta cut out the squares and wings, and her mother embroidered all 140 of the butterfly bodies. Now, it is going to turn into a quilt for each grandchild, with 20 butterflies on each quilt.A good opportunity for spending time together, which has been scant the last few years, and lots of practice with applique.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
just a crafty grandma experimenting with all sorts of things. My main interests are paper craft of any kind and quilting/sewing. But I've done leatherwork, polymer clay, on-the-wheel pottery, painted molded ceramics, papier mache, stained glass, plaster casting, linoleum printing, paper making... you name it, I've probably tried it. A few I actually stuck with. :)