Thursday, May 20, 2010

perfect pearls


Since I had a 50% off coupon and a gift certificate for Michael's, I got some Perfect Pearls by Ranger. This is my first attempt. I took a piece of card stock embossed with a texture using my Cuttlebug, then dabbed the Perfect Medium all over and swirled different colors of powder around. You can't of course see the shimmer. Then I stamped a Michael Strong image and painted it with the Perfect Pearls.

I feel like such a beginner! I've done simple stamps and cards for ages but rarely gone beyond my comfort zone (embossing, watercolor, colored pencils, etc.) and branched out to different techniques. I like the Alcohol inks (also from Ranger) but I'm not great at it yet. I love the effect of painting with the Perfect Pearls. This card needs a little something more, I think a tiny spray of pearls in that bow. It is much prettier in person. I did some other pictures, but the trouble is, you can't see its shiny goodness from a scanner. :(


No comments:

About Me

My photo
just a crafty grandma experimenting with all sorts of things. My main interests are paper craft of any kind and quilting/sewing. But I've done leatherwork, polymer clay, on-the-wheel pottery, painted molded ceramics, papier mache, stained glass, plaster casting, linoleum printing, paper making... you name it, I've probably tried it. A few I actually stuck with. :)