Sunday, October 11, 2009

positively

OCTOBER 11, 2009
positively
I try to maintain a positive attitude. With my naturally depressive nature, it is often a challenge, some times more than others.

It’s okay to grieve.  A few minutes ago I was crying so deeply that I could hardly breathe. I just got the news that my nephew’s survival prognosis is 2 years… at the most.  It is such a mixed emotional thing. I know God knows just what He is doing, and that He has a plan for Aaron, and he’s not done quite yet.  I grieve because Aaron is going through horrible things right now, especially the sickness of chemo. I know He is the Lord’s, and I am thankful. But I also know he’s in a lot of pain, discomfort, and downright SICK… so I grieve.

It makes my car issues seem positively trivial. And the cat is up and around, can’t worry about that.  The dog stopped digging at his ears. That’s good. My grandson’s birthday party was a success yesterday. THAT was good.

In the middle of all the chaos, I am reminded of that picture of a bird in a nest with the wind all around. God takes us in His arms, and comforts us. He reminds us that our life is but a breeze in the big scheme of things. He reminds us that if we would just look to Him, He will provide all we need.  He is already providing, we just have to see it!!

So that’s what I pray for Aaron, that in the midst of the nightmare, that He would be that little bird in the nest, with the wind blowing all around, knowing that the Father’s arms surround him, and that he is safe, no matter what the earthly outcome.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
just a crafty grandma experimenting with all sorts of things. My main interests are paper craft of any kind and quilting/sewing. But I've done leatherwork, polymer clay, on-the-wheel pottery, painted molded ceramics, papier mache, stained glass, plaster casting, linoleum printing, paper making... you name it, I've probably tried it. A few I actually stuck with. :)