Friday, October 30, 2009

listening to the Lord...

OCTOBER 30, 2009
listening to the Lord…
  What I plan isn’t always what actually happens. My plan wasn’t to be in that accident, or for my kitty to swallow thread, or the dog to get an ear infection… or for the washer to decide it has had enough, or for there to be a leak under the sink in the kitchen, or on and on.

My plan today was to write some of my fond memories of raising beef with my parents. That’s not happening, at least this morning.  I always want to listen for what God wants me to write about. He has given me this compelling desire to write; so I write. Sometimes I don’t have a clue. So I just pray. That’s what I am doing this morning.

Praying for my friend Kjaere as she ministers in San Francisco. She’s listening to You, Lord. She’s much braver than I am. She just jumped to San Francisco without a place to live or a job. She’s relying on You to provide her needs. Thank You for putting this into her heart; help her keep listening.

Praying for Becki and her ministry to those hurting and struggling to get out of the mormon church. She struggles physically and has a busy life yet takes time for her blog.

Praying for Ellen. She’s trying to listen too and struggles to understand what You are talking about. Bless her ministry; make her path clear.

Praying for David. He’s ministering far away. I’m sure he struggles too as he tries to listen.

Praying for Britt Merrick and his ministry in Santa Barbara. Right now, his 5 year old is fighting cancer.

Praying for Dennis Jernigan and his song receiving! He has blessed so many. And though I don’t know him personally, I know the God He serves. Praying for him as he struggles too. Praying for his wife and family as well.

Most of us are not obviously in a “ministry” yet we are. Show us as we go about our lives where we are shining for You. As we meet people, help us listen to and act upon those nudges that You give us. Struggles are a normal part of our human-ness; they remind us that WE are not the Answer, God is. Struggles remind us of our weaknesses and the fact that we must lean on our Lord! We are unable to do what He asks without His power in our lives. Thank you for the ministries of these friends. You are awesome, Father!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
just a crafty grandma experimenting with all sorts of things. My main interests are paper craft of any kind and quilting/sewing. But I've done leatherwork, polymer clay, on-the-wheel pottery, painted molded ceramics, papier mache, stained glass, plaster casting, linoleum printing, paper making... you name it, I've probably tried it. A few I actually stuck with. :)