Saturday, February 21, 2015

Knitting Challenge

see it sparkle? It is really pretty.
Finished my short-row shawlette. I've been trying to challenge myself a bit; this one is designed by Lorna Miser and it said "beginner" and it was, once I got over being intimidated by A Pattern. I love the way it came out. I used Caron Simply Soft Party yarn which has a bit of a sparkle in it. I normally don't use anything but Red Heart (blush!!)  but Lorna gave me a bag of stuff and this was in it. I am really going to enjoy this. Now we need some cold weather so I can use it. Thank you, Lorna, for the yarn, and for the encouragement.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
just a crafty grandma experimenting with all sorts of things. My main interests are paper craft of any kind and quilting/sewing. But I've done leatherwork, polymer clay, on-the-wheel pottery, painted molded ceramics, papier mache, stained glass, plaster casting, linoleum printing, paper making... you name it, I've probably tried it. A few I actually stuck with. :)