Sunday, May 15, 2016

what's new....

I'm working hard to get some sort of studio room going. I'm making progress but sometimes it seems so slow. My goal originally was to have it done by the end of the week. However. This week, I have an appointment with someone to alter her wedding dress; I am taking my mom to the doctor which requires an overnight stay with her; my daughter is moving and I will be going to stay with her this next weekend so I have to Be Prepared; I have a huge pile of laundry to do; I am getting quite overwhelmed. I still have a few pieces to make for K. for her American Girl doll. So. A little Argh.

So it's going to have to be postponed. Somehow wish I could just make the stuff in that room go *poof* and be all sorted and taken to donate or sell; I have a few things at a consignment shop but not much hope that they will sell. They offered way less than I expected... don't know what to do exactly. Sell them on Ebay? I wonder if I know anyone who would like to help me figure that out... then there's the where do I put my inventory and we are back to that room needs HELP... so just gotta laugh.

Found a Betsy McCall that isn't in very good shape; she's about $40. Get her? Don't? I want her even though she has a damaged foot and hand. Don't want to pay $125 for a mint condition one. Do I NEED it? Of course not. Do I WANT it? Of course. I could learn how to fix a leg. I don't think it would be noticeable with her shoes and socks on. I think I am nutty.

I want chocolate. LOL
post signature

No comments:

About Me

My photo
just a crafty grandma experimenting with all sorts of things. My main interests are paper craft of any kind and quilting/sewing. But I've done leatherwork, polymer clay, on-the-wheel pottery, painted molded ceramics, papier mache, stained glass, plaster casting, linoleum printing, paper making... you name it, I've probably tried it. A few I actually stuck with. :)