Thursday, February 18, 2021

something to say...

well life kind of took my breath away for a bit. It's one thing to believe in Heaven, quite another thing when so many you know and love have gone on without you.  

But today I had something to say again, and had a little bit of time in my crafty room. We got Chinese take out a few days ago, and the one who packed it stuffed a lot of cookies in there. I usually use these little bits of fortunes in a piece somewhere, and a Rolodex card seemed perfect. So I did two of them.

Just scraps and stickers, one on a background of that security liner from an envelope, and the other one was the last of that series I did with paint and washi tape.

These are fun, just grabbing little bits of stuff and gluing them down. The flower was a scrap from a coloring book, I used some of the rest of the page on a different project and threw this part away, but rescued it. The other stuff are just some cool stickers, and a flower stamp. Just little bits of fun there. 

The other thing I did today was with some foam blocks I got from the Dollar Tree awhile ago. I had no idea what I was going to do with them, but today I was thinking about some foam I had a long time ago that you heat and then make an impression in them, and use them for a stamp. So I did that with a couple tiny holiday stamps, a clover for St. Patrick's Day and a pumpkin for Halloween. 

First I heated the cube a little bit with my heat gun, and then pressed the stamp into the surface. I think I'll get better at it if I practice but here's the result. 



The blocks came in a package with I think four to six colors. They are about 3/4 of an inch foam, not sure what for, they don't really stack well. I am not even sure why I bought them, but I found a use for them. We will see what else. 











Here's the teensy stamp, pushing down on the cube after I heated it. I couldn't get a picture of the indented cube, but below are what the prints look like, of both stamps.















I think it will be fun to figure out what to do with this, I'm seeing some card fronts when I measure better and do better with the foam. Half the fun of crafting is experimenting and seeing what happens. Sometimes it turns out and sometimes it doesn't. So I may or may not do this again. I'm thinking I will, because it's fun. 💚💗💛💙💙


post signature

No comments:

About Me

My photo
just a crafty grandma experimenting with all sorts of things. My main interests are paper craft of any kind and quilting/sewing. But I've done leatherwork, polymer clay, on-the-wheel pottery, painted molded ceramics, papier mache, stained glass, plaster casting, linoleum printing, paper making... you name it, I've probably tried it. A few I actually stuck with. :)