Sunday, March 28, 2021

Wuzzup??

Kind of dry days. I've been cleaning out the dreaded Middle Bedroom, AKA my craft room/storage room. Getting into boxes and drawers, tossing things, sorting things, and getting emotional, uncomfortable but necessary to JUST GET IT DONE. I moved a dresser into the corner and put a cabinet on the top, which leaves me with a whole small table in the middle of the room to sort on and craft on. I know that it will be really good when I am done, and so it keeps me going. Some days I get through several boxes and other days I can't even get through one. 
The other day we took a drive to the country and that was wonderful. We ended up on the corner where my hubby proposed to me. There is now a little wonderful restaurant there and we had lunch. I knew the chef when he was a kid so that was fun to catch up.


So what have I been doing? Sorting out lots of card parts but not assembling. Putting away stamps and dies and reorganizing them. Getting lots of ideas. I watched a video series on a Card Bank, where you keep the parts of cards in one place for easy assembly. I realized I already have that! Just on a pretty small scale. It's a card file with card bases, frames, and background pieces. So I put it in a more accessible place, and added a few things to it. Go me!
My art has been rolodex cards. I did have a gel press session, that was fun, but nothing memorable from it. I then found an envelope of old embroidery transfers, and tossed them, but then thought, what would happen if I ironed them on to a gel press background?
I didn't take a picture, but here are the scraps...

I cut out a few pieces for Rolodex cards, and then I saw a bunch of teeny scraps and decided to glue them to a card. So that's the middle one. I really like it. Isn't that a cute bird? 








My pictures today are awful. I'll try again later.

The last one is the result of lots of questioning I've been doing. What is "proper". A question for the ages LOL it sounds goofy but you know, we focus on doing stuff "the right way" but who says what is the right way? 





So keep on asking those Important Questions. 
 post signature

No comments:

About Me

My photo
just a crafty grandma experimenting with all sorts of things. My main interests are paper craft of any kind and quilting/sewing. But I've done leatherwork, polymer clay, on-the-wheel pottery, painted molded ceramics, papier mache, stained glass, plaster casting, linoleum printing, paper making... you name it, I've probably tried it. A few I actually stuck with. :)