Sunday, June 21, 2009

berries, berries and more berries!!

First batch of berry syrup is done. Woo hoo!! Next, a batch of berry jelly. After that, apple-berry leather. Then, after that, never want to look at a berry. But, there's more! I sampled the syrup-- way better than I remembered. Gotta make some waffles!!

It always makes me feel good to have a cabinet full of canned goods, but quickly tire of canning if I don't have the best attitude. Plums are next! I just have to remember how pretty canned food in glass jars is-- and know that I will be very thankful this winter to still be using this wonderful stuff. Satisfies the hoarder in me in a GOOD way.

I am thankful for such a prolific garden-- there are onions, squash, tomatoes, and more out there. My almost 94 year old mother in law is now more the Supervisor than the main gardener, but she waters everything faithfully and is still the best berry picker. This year, she passed off the canning to me-- not ALL of it by any means, but it's been awhile since I have done any but it seems to be like riding a bicycle.

Oh, and Lorna-- lots of purple!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
just a crafty grandma experimenting with all sorts of things. My main interests are paper craft of any kind and quilting/sewing. But I've done leatherwork, polymer clay, on-the-wheel pottery, painted molded ceramics, papier mache, stained glass, plaster casting, linoleum printing, paper making... you name it, I've probably tried it. A few I actually stuck with. :)