Monday, March 16, 2015

SAD and glad...

My dad and his great-grandson
my father died and I am sad and glad.

Mostly sad. Mostly deeply sad… but glad because his suffering is over, glad because he knew us until the end, that I had the blessing of saying goodbye and releasing him to the Lord. Thankful that he was pretty active until a few days before, that his mind was pretty clear, thankful that my brother came for a few days, but incredibly sad that I have lost my daddy, He was the best dad and I am so thankful that I got to keep him so long. Ninety years is a long life. My parents would have been married seventy years next month. A long, lovely marriage. Such a gift to have been a part of their lives. Thank you, Lord...
.post signature

No comments:

About Me

My photo
just a crafty grandma experimenting with all sorts of things. My main interests are paper craft of any kind and quilting/sewing. But I've done leatherwork, polymer clay, on-the-wheel pottery, painted molded ceramics, papier mache, stained glass, plaster casting, linoleum printing, paper making... you name it, I've probably tried it. A few I actually stuck with. :)