Sunday, August 23, 2015

Introvert!

Sometimes I wish I still worked at the quilt shop. Or even if it was still there! Not that I need any more fabric, I don't. I won't for YEARS except then there's that project...

Somehow I have lost my social life. Since I moved here, any social life was connected to work. Now that I am not working, I rarely see anyone other than hubby! I enjoyed staying at my mom's and being around people. It made my return home harder. I love my hubby, but I need people-- and have to push myself OUT more.

I started a huge project, another big granny afghan. This time, its rectangular. It goes really quickly, and I've been taking it in the car so working on it in big blocks of time. I imagine it will still take me awhile. Still haven't found that sock pattern.

I downloaded a pattern for an American Girl doll, a sweater made of fingering yarn. All I could find was baby colors, so it's going to be pale green. I also had trouble finding size 2 needles. Haven't started it yet but it's all bagged up and ready to go.

Today I am going to get out all my yarn and make some decisions. There's not a ton of it, but downsizing has to continue.

Just rambling today.


post signature

No comments:

About Me

My photo
just a crafty grandma experimenting with all sorts of things. My main interests are paper craft of any kind and quilting/sewing. But I've done leatherwork, polymer clay, on-the-wheel pottery, painted molded ceramics, papier mache, stained glass, plaster casting, linoleum printing, paper making... you name it, I've probably tried it. A few I actually stuck with. :)