Thursday, September 9, 2010

living the dream...

SEPTEMBER 9, 2010
living the dream…
whereas in reality my dream is to be where the Lord wants me to be, I have my own preferences. However, at the moment the dream and reality are not the same. Learning to be content in whatever place the Lord puts me, but that longing for the mountains hangs with me. I did get to spend a week in the beautiful mountains of Washington state.

My brother is living the dream, on thirty wonderful acres. However, his dream includes SNOW part of the year, which isn’t exactly part of MY dream. I like a LITTLE snow, but he sent pics of a LOT of snow.

Having visited in August, I got to see summer. The weather was pleasant, a little cooler than I am used to for summer. But GORGEOUS…. It was a bittersweet trip which included a memorial service for my nephew Aaron who fought cancer for a year but died at the end of July. My parents funded my trip, otherwise I couldn’t have gone. Liv went too, which made it easier, she served as my Courage and Bravery of which I am lacking! But I got into an itty bitty plane (4 seats wide and not much taller than Liv) and crammed my face into the window and tried not to think about where I was; enjoyed the scenery and the company. Liv of course made friends with a wee cutie and they were fun to watch too.




The trip inspired me to do FIVE scrapbook pages. And I am not done yet. My mom and dad had a wonderful garden this year. This is of their courtyard where they live. My father must have his fingers in dirt so he has many containers on the patio and has grown so many interesting things. It seems that many of the people in the complex haven’t seen vegetables growing, so he has grown zucchini, corn, green beans, and even potatoes. Last year he actually harvested a few tufts of cotton!

Well I had better get busy. I got an order for 12 thank you cards, with cats on them. I have lots of ideas running around in my head, but I better get them done, hopefully to be delivered within a day or two. 🙂my precious nephew Aaron…


No comments:

About Me

My photo
just a crafty grandma experimenting with all sorts of things. My main interests are paper craft of any kind and quilting/sewing. But I've done leatherwork, polymer clay, on-the-wheel pottery, painted molded ceramics, papier mache, stained glass, plaster casting, linoleum printing, paper making... you name it, I've probably tried it. A few I actually stuck with. :)