Friday, June 22, 2012

be still...

JUNE 22, 2012
be still…
all I can think of is, breathe. More overwhelm than I want to mention out here in blog-land, even though I don’t think anyone reads what I write but me myself and I…
I see a picture in my mind. A bird in a nest, in the middle of a storm. Sorrow and grief and worry all tumble around me. I don’t know how or when this will end. Feeling like somehow I will get sucked up into the swirling tornado.
And yet, I am just watching the wind. Kind of in a daze. Like the freeze motion pictures…

The results of the storm are really quite beautiful, if we look at God’s perspective. From my perspective, it is pretty horrible…. thinking about a satellite view, a storm is just a swirl, it doesn’t look dangerous.
God is in control, God is in control… I will choose to wait in silence, instead of screaming like I feel like. I will trust You, Lord, even if I don’t understand.
So my thankfulness is only that today, Lord, that You know what You are doing, and I don’t, and that’s ok.



post signature

No comments:

About Me

My photo
just a crafty grandma experimenting with all sorts of things. My main interests are paper craft of any kind and quilting/sewing. But I've done leatherwork, polymer clay, on-the-wheel pottery, painted molded ceramics, papier mache, stained glass, plaster casting, linoleum printing, paper making... you name it, I've probably tried it. A few I actually stuck with. :)