Friday, June 15, 2012

reluctantly thankful...

JUNE 15, 2012
 
Tonight I don’t even WANT to be thankful. I want to be angry. Of course, writing it makes me laugh at my childish behavior. I am thankful…

 that E. is safe after her attempt at escape from “the prison” (the facility she is now in where she doesn’t want to be…
that we have running water and don’t have to worry about contaminated drinking water…
air conditioning! Crazy that we have machines to even cool the air so we can be more comfortable.
for my “servants” the microwave, the stove, the oven, the dishwasher, the clothes washer and dryer… we have it oh so easy here in America. for the most part we don’t even SEE how easy and comfortable we are.
electricity. We take so much for granted.
That V. came through her surgery well today
That Suz is doing all right after her last session of chemo…
for the visit with my sweeties. Still thankful for that. I think it is okay to be thankful for that again. 🙂
 for the berries that are quickly ripening
potatoes!!!!potatoes!!!

And thank You, Lord, that my thankfulness is no longer reluctant. You are so amazing. I am continually blessed by how You change my attitude with my obedient heart. And thank You for the gift of that obedient heart. ❤

No comments:

About Me

My photo
just a crafty grandma experimenting with all sorts of things. My main interests are paper craft of any kind and quilting/sewing. But I've done leatherwork, polymer clay, on-the-wheel pottery, painted molded ceramics, papier mache, stained glass, plaster casting, linoleum printing, paper making... you name it, I've probably tried it. A few I actually stuck with. :)