Sunday, November 11, 2012

tied up in knots....

NOVEMBER 11, 2012

My stomach is all tied up in knots. My poor mother in law had a meltdown today and slapped a caregiver, and was trying to bite her, and in the fight ended up biting her own hand! She also hurt her leg the other day and it’s swollen because she won’t keep it elevated, she keeps just getting up out of her wheelchair, forgetting that her legs don’t work and then she falls. How awful to not remember that you are 97 and disabled. She has also been asking to see her mom, and it just breaks my heart to tell her over and over that her mother died years ago… not knowing of course what else to say. I remember when my uncle died and they ended up telling my aunt that she could see her husband later, when the reality was he had died, but when they told her she got really upset. So sometimes I think I should say, you can see her later…
I know I have a lot to be thankful for. Right now, I am in tears, grieving for the life that my mother in law in enduring. From MY perspective, enough is enough! but God is the one in charge. I don’t understand, but I know I can trust God to keep her in His hands. And me too.



post signature

No comments:

About Me

My photo
just a crafty grandma experimenting with all sorts of things. My main interests are paper craft of any kind and quilting/sewing. But I've done leatherwork, polymer clay, on-the-wheel pottery, painted molded ceramics, papier mache, stained glass, plaster casting, linoleum printing, paper making... you name it, I've probably tried it. A few I actually stuck with. :)