Monday, November 19, 2012

upside down and inside out.

NOVEMBER 19, 2012
 
Sewing today. Made doll pajamas   Seems like since I started this project there have been nothing but setbacks. The blanket went fine, except for the wonky parts. The pillow is strangely shaped, but the pillowcase is fine. The jammies? Well aside from fraying seams, stretching where it isn’t supposed to stretch, sewing a spot wrong and having to RIP…. more than once, and having the jammies not fit right, it was fine. But they turned out cuter than I thought they would, with some creative taking in, such as a button in the front and overlapping way more in the back… Upside down and inside out. That’s how you sew.

The point being. I have my plan, think I am doing it Just Right. Turns out that my Just Right was Not Right. But if  I go with the flow, and get creative, sometimes it turns out even better than MY plan…. and then I remember it’s HIS plan in the first place. I know, I know, not the jammies. I’m mixing the spiritual in with the earth stuff. It’s all the same anyway, the lessons I learn from this world are ALWAYS connected to what I am doing…. I learn more than the physical learning; there is always a spiritual insight gleaned.

The joy of the jammies are that I am going to give them to a little girl who will love that her doll has jammies. A simple thing, really. I was not planning on sewing doll clothes, but I just HAD to…. I mean with EIGHT GRANDSONS I just don’t have the chance to make DOLL CLOTHES very much. I’m excited to have a little girl to be the recipient of my American Girl creations. And a renewed thought of a long ago goal, to rescue dolls, dress them, and give them away. I am not so great about the giving away part, because I love dolls. So I will rejoice in this bit of giving away hoping it will lead to more.

Lord, I’m a better taker than a giver. 😦  You are changing me, helping me see the giving as a gift you give ME.

Thankfulness…..  

For my family, Jonathan especially tonight. He has a lot of You in him, Lord. I am thankful he loves my daughter….

For my home… in spite of all its drawbacks, it is warm, cozy, and keeps out the rain.

For the tomatoes that You gave us through someone at work. They simmered in the crock pot today and are going to be TASTY!!!

For the fact that I have a job that I enjoy…

for my parents… for the tribute made to my dad and Charlie for their hard work in landscaping that they recently had to give up… that Charlie is doing well… that my dad has stayed out of the hospital for a long time… thank You, Lord.


post signature

No comments:

About Me

My photo
just a crafty grandma experimenting with all sorts of things. My main interests are paper craft of any kind and quilting/sewing. But I've done leatherwork, polymer clay, on-the-wheel pottery, painted molded ceramics, papier mache, stained glass, plaster casting, linoleum printing, paper making... you name it, I've probably tried it. A few I actually stuck with. :)