Thursday, June 23, 2016

new girl joins the collection....

This is Natalie. I didn't know that when I picked her up under the sign at the thrift shop that said "One Stuffed Toy With Every Purchase". The poor thing didn't have a skirt on, only a bonnet. I'll have to do something about that, although she does have the top of the dress and the pantaloons sewn on, which is good since I don't like naked baby dolls!

When I got home I googled her and found out who she is. She's one of the Lapsitters from Fisher Price. Never heard of them. My kids grew up in the 70s and 80s but we rarely bought new toys. I guess they were popular then. They are a cute series. Since I rarely buy stuff on Amazon she will undoubtedly be the only Lapsitter, unless I find another cheap or freebie. She looks like the type my grandkids will love dragging around.


post signature

No comments:

About Me

My photo
just a crafty grandma experimenting with all sorts of things. My main interests are paper craft of any kind and quilting/sewing. But I've done leatherwork, polymer clay, on-the-wheel pottery, painted molded ceramics, papier mache, stained glass, plaster casting, linoleum printing, paper making... you name it, I've probably tried it. A few I actually stuck with. :)