Saturday, December 18, 2010

card of the day


This one is a card that was sent to ME a long time ago by a good friend. She was one of the inspirations for me to even start making cards! She would be surprised to know that I saved the cards that she made because it meant a lot that she did that just for me. She has been a great buddy for a lot of years and hope for years to come. Our kids grew up in the same church, and schools. They are all grown ups now... we're grandmas...time flies by. We don't live as close as we used to, we both moved away and started over again. But we still see each other occasionally and hope we continue to "do lunch" when we can.

This reminds me of when I made my own paper. Ought to do that again, it was fun.

Thanks Lorna for the friendship, the inspiration, and the encouragement you are to me. :)

No comments:

About Me

My photo
just a crafty grandma experimenting with all sorts of things. My main interests are paper craft of any kind and quilting/sewing. But I've done leatherwork, polymer clay, on-the-wheel pottery, painted molded ceramics, papier mache, stained glass, plaster casting, linoleum printing, paper making... you name it, I've probably tried it. A few I actually stuck with. :)