Tuesday, December 14, 2010

what a year...

DECEMBER 14, 2010
what a year…
what a year this has been! Most of it shocked me into silence.  There has been good… but so much sadness and grief for me.  Since my uncle’s death, I have also faced the cancer and death of my nephew and  my friend Marilyn, my friend John’s suicide, and the death of my (our, long story!) beloved dog, Chance. During this time, my father has been in the hospital several times, my mother once, my brother had a heart attack and then back surgery, and my mother in law has required much more care.  I did have the opportunity to become reacquainted with my brother; however it was to attend my nephew’s funeral so it wasn’t a happy visit. My daughter did get to come with me so that was a plus. We rode in this tiny plane; I was very nervous when I got on the plane– it was SO LITTLE!! but I hurried to my seat and glued my face to the window, and I did okay.

I have been struggling, off and on, with trying to start my own business. But it is like I have been in a fog! I am still doing several websites, but that is about all. Just can’t seem to get going in any direction much less figure out what direction I want to be going!

Sometimes I just want to write the good stuff.  Life is a mixture of both though. The good stuff is that I have a Savior who loves me despite the fog and the quirks. Amazing.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
just a crafty grandma experimenting with all sorts of things. My main interests are paper craft of any kind and quilting/sewing. But I've done leatherwork, polymer clay, on-the-wheel pottery, painted molded ceramics, papier mache, stained glass, plaster casting, linoleum printing, paper making... you name it, I've probably tried it. A few I actually stuck with. :)