Saturday, February 26, 2011

Country swap...


Finally I am caught up on swaps. It seemed like when I signed up all was good. Not counting on the chaos of life and how it tossed me around there for a bit.

This is a really simple card, inspired by Gina K Designs clean and simple cards. I used the Swiss Dots cuttlebug embossing folder, spellbinders' fancy tags and ovals, and the graphics from pccrafter.com's "By the Sea" collection. Clean is simple is good for today.

I watched a video on mixed media backgrounds from Michael's on facebook for paintings. I still have some acrylic paints from a few years ago (hopefully still good!!) and some mod podge from YEARS ago (my spare bottle from decoupage days, never opened, so hopefully good) alcohol inks, and plenty of paper... and if I can figure out a background, I just might do something. I have a large children's board book-- 8 pages-- that I got at the dollar store, so I might use that...
I have the book of children's poems that I loved as a child and am thinking of illustrating something. One of them is this:

Mud
Mud is very nice to feel
All squishing out between the toes.
I'd rather squish around in mud
Than smell a yellow rose.
Nobody else but the rosebush knows
How nice mud feels between the toes.
-Polly Chase Boyden

or maybe this...

I'm Glad

I'm glad the sky is painted blue,
and the earth is painted green,
With such a lot of nice fresh air
All sandwiched in between
-Anonymous

And of course there are all the unfinished projects-- mostly not started but just imagined--
I am the Idea Person. LOL but they do eventually get finished.

Usually. My goal originally a card a day... but I think a finished project a day would be good. Or at least PROGRESS on something every day...Go with the flow, I say. :)

No comments:

About Me

My photo
just a crafty grandma experimenting with all sorts of things. My main interests are paper craft of any kind and quilting/sewing. But I've done leatherwork, polymer clay, on-the-wheel pottery, painted molded ceramics, papier mache, stained glass, plaster casting, linoleum printing, paper making... you name it, I've probably tried it. A few I actually stuck with. :)