Thursday, February 24, 2011

Vellum card swap

This isn't the card I started out to make. Almost everything is different than I expected. Monochromatic is the only thing the same, LOL...

The butterfly is dry embossed on vellum with a brass stencil from long ago. I was going to put it straight on the flowered paper because it has butterflies on it. However, the butterfly didn't turn out white enough. So I stenciled it with white paint on the back. Still not enough contrast. So added the inner green frame. I like it.

So Gueck finally gets her vellum card!!!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
just a crafty grandma experimenting with all sorts of things. My main interests are paper craft of any kind and quilting/sewing. But I've done leatherwork, polymer clay, on-the-wheel pottery, painted molded ceramics, papier mache, stained glass, plaster casting, linoleum printing, paper making... you name it, I've probably tried it. A few I actually stuck with. :)