Sunday, January 22, 2012

new baby!!!!

JANUARY 22, 2012
we have a new child in our family!!
Baby Boy was born on Saturday around lunch time. He is a hefty kid already, over nine pounds. My son is beaming. I am wistful, watching, wanting to get my hands on this my first natural grandchild (he joins 6 other grandchildren; my husband’s, that I love as if they were my very own)

His other grandmother and I watched as he got his first checkup, shots, drops in his eyes, and although he was very actively kicking and waving his arms, he was not fussing like you would think a baby would when getting stuck with needles and prodded. He cried all right. But he quit quickly, and opened his eyes wide and stared as if he could see his grandmas loving him from behind the glass.

His mama, having had a C-section, was not up to having lots of people in there, so I decided to just be patient. On the way home, I regretted the decision, but it was already made. I know it was the right one. I will get to see him, hold him, cuddle with him…. and know him. I am so excited to KNOW him more than anything, this gift that God has given his mommy and daddy, and to see the ways God uses him in our lives….

 

No comments:

About Me

My photo
just a crafty grandma experimenting with all sorts of things. My main interests are paper craft of any kind and quilting/sewing. But I've done leatherwork, polymer clay, on-the-wheel pottery, painted molded ceramics, papier mache, stained glass, plaster casting, linoleum printing, paper making... you name it, I've probably tried it. A few I actually stuck with. :)