Wednesday, January 18, 2012

what a stinker.... dementia adventures

 JANUARY 18, 2012
what a stinker!!
Another day of taking care of Evelyn after not being there for awhile. She started off arguing about so many things. She insisted that since it was her house, she was in charge of who came and went. I told her she didn’t have a choice. Those words were not MY best choice, however, we ended up arguing. I always say, don’t argue, but then there’s always something. She said she was glad she was getting to know “that boy” who she is convinced is a son she forgot about (really my husband). She KNOWS it isn’t her son. It is some young college boy who is helping out. I told her it was NOT a young boy, it was her 60 year old son. She yelled at me about it. She was even cursing at me. She said she didn’t know what the **** was going on. She said we shouldn’t have “those girls” here and that they were stealing us blind. She said most of her underwear was missing. I get SO tired of fighting about underwear. I went to the bedroom, and it was stashed all over the bedroom. I put it all in one place and showed her. When I went back in there a few minutes later, it was tucked all over the place again. ARGH!!!!

We got breakfast, a bath, hair washed. I was going to set it. She said no. She has a perm, and if you just finger comb it, it turns out curly not frizzy. I tried to talk her into just letting it dry and she insisted she had to rub it dry. After it was all standing on end, full of electricity, she wanted me to style it. I told her I would have to wet it, she said no. I took some conditioner and rubbed it on my hands and ran it through her hair. It calmed down and was looking pretty good.

I had to be on the phone because her Life Line thing has been going off at 5 am for the last three days. It’s like having a 2 year old! Since she was going to the doctor, she wanted some perfume on. She had grabbed a bottle but couldn’t get it to work. She went in the kitchen, and I couldn’t run after her since I was on hold for a problem I HAD to resolve, and she was rummaging around in the tools and got out a pair of pliers. I got to her before she did any damage other than spilling perfume all over. What a stinker in more ways than one.

Just before time to go to the doctor, I caught her brushing her hair hard, glaring at me. I told her to stop, it didn’t need to be brushed again. She brushed harder. I give up, I thought. She brushed it for a good five minutes. It was all standing on end again.

She and K. got out the door to go to the doctor. I was wondering just what I was going to do, because I was supposed to go to a Bible study, and wasn’t going to have time to go home and change and shower… so I threw my sweater into the washer. Got it washed and almost dried–it was still in the dryer when they arrived…  and thank You Lord they got home with enough time for me to go home and change. I scrubbed my arms but that stuff LINGERS!! H. said I still smelled like perfume, but not too bad.

Thus ended a very exhausting day with E. And another one tomorrow. Hope she isn’t so argumentative.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
just a crafty grandma experimenting with all sorts of things. My main interests are paper craft of any kind and quilting/sewing. But I've done leatherwork, polymer clay, on-the-wheel pottery, painted molded ceramics, papier mache, stained glass, plaster casting, linoleum printing, paper making... you name it, I've probably tried it. A few I actually stuck with. :)