Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Clearing, physically, mentally, spiritually

I tend to feel badly when I haven't kept up like I "ought to" with this blog. I don't promote it and I doubt if anyone but me reads it on a regular basis! Today's accomplishments don't involve UFO's or anything, but I re organized a bunch of stuff, threw some out, and put some aside because I couldn't bear to just throw them away. I think if it was my choice, my whole living room wall would be covered with the art work of my children. Especially James-- which makes sense because he was in public school in the younger years when all his brothers and sister were home schooled those years. Life happens and I still feel a bit badly about two boys having to just jump into school when I didn't think they was ready to do that.  It can't be helped. But James got to do a lot more of that beautiful art work. I ran across some beautiful irises that he drew.

I guess all parents have regrets. We all plan to parent Perfectly and it just doesn't happen. Divorces happen, moving happens. Sad-awful stuff that is never planned. But now we are in a different place, everybody's happily married and some have children. I wish it could have been perfect but you know we had a lot of good times so I'm going to focus on that.

Meantime I am going to be happy that I had the chance to do some rearranging and running into some art work. What I will do with it is unknown today. I guess I will take some pictures, put them in a box, and take them to James. Can't keep everything even though I want to.

Tomorrow will be some more clearing out, and at least 1/2 hour of something creative. Wait! I did do something creative today. Brownies. Not exactly art. But they were pretty yummy.
 post signature

No comments:

About Me

My photo
just a crafty grandma experimenting with all sorts of things. My main interests are paper craft of any kind and quilting/sewing. But I've done leatherwork, polymer clay, on-the-wheel pottery, painted molded ceramics, papier mache, stained glass, plaster casting, linoleum printing, paper making... you name it, I've probably tried it. A few I actually stuck with. :)