Sunday, August 10, 2014

Drawing and Assorted Things

found some free drawing tutorials. I decided to start with free so I can tell if I will pursue this. I'm getting Old for starting this stuff. And I am always better at the Starting than the Continuing. I figure, whatever I end up learning will be good. It isn't that I am starting from scratch, exactly, it just has been DECADES since I took any art classes. In the past I have taken, Intro to Art, Art Applications (we explored many types of art) Drawing.... and studied calligraphy for awhile too. Today I found the lessons, tomorrow I start. Or tonight maybe. Hard when hubby is now Retired. I just don't want to do this when he is watching or even in the room, LOL..... guess that makes me a little wacky. Drawing Videos

The wackiness is... that I start things I don't finish. Not altogether bad to get excited about the new. I'm still crocheting, still zentangling. I want to do more than just Cleaning and Watching Television and Getting Lost on the Computer. I'm working on the UFO stuff, but also must do something different. So I make myself work at least 1/2 hour on a UFO before I do Something Different. So far, so good. I am also letting go of some UFO's that I no longer love, and don't want to finish. I figure, I haven't worked on it for a year, maybe I should let it go. I un-knitted a partially finished project that I didn't really like in the first place. I actually put some yarn in the Out Pile. Gave some to my mom. Have a pile for my daughter.

A quote I liked... “Our freedom can be measured by the number of things we can walk away from.”
– Vernon Howard

Thinking a lot about the accumulation of the Assorted Things of life. There is so much I can purge that I won't miss, and some that I would miss but love the space more! Finishing Things and letting them go out the door is sure a good start. The good thing about Drawing is no more supplies to get. Maybe some drawing pencils or a new eraser. I am planning on making Joyous Mistakes. And Happily Erasing.


Thinking so much today about the people all over the world in the middle of war. Just can't stop the thought of beheaded little children and their killed parents.... because they won't convert to Islam. The article said 95% of people would not convert, and 5% converted. Mostly, they were killed anyway. My heart goes out to all of them. I wonder when it will be like that here....  hopefully never.
Makes all the agonizing over Stuff seem so trivial.

“Forget your lust for the rich man’s gold (or more crafting supplies??), all that you need is in your soul.”
  Lynyrd Skynyrd

post signature

No comments:

About Me

My photo
just a crafty grandma experimenting with all sorts of things. My main interests are paper craft of any kind and quilting/sewing. But I've done leatherwork, polymer clay, on-the-wheel pottery, painted molded ceramics, papier mache, stained glass, plaster casting, linoleum printing, paper making... you name it, I've probably tried it. A few I actually stuck with. :)