Monday, April 13, 2015

more washcloths.... and flossing!

Today I spent some time watching a video about drawing faces. I ordered a Stabilo All pencil because it is recommended by the video lady. I also spent some time in a facebook group called Art Journal Junkies. Oh I am inspired. Now I want some Inktense blocks, too. I also need to figure out some color sprays. and then there's hot glue stencils to try. Oh my. I have a lot of stencils already, but this will add some originality instead of always having to use manufactured stencils.

I also finished a set of washcloths. These are diagonally knitted.
Not sure what I am going to do with them. Maybe donate to the Rag Quilters. I need to get involved with SOMETHING in the community. I know it's a good cause. If we have a garage sale, I could sell some there... we will see.

The other thing I am excited about is my embroidery floss holder. In cleaning out L's house, I inherited a bunch of embroidery floss and such. I wanted to add to the stash, but have a way to actually access the stuff when I wanted a specific color and not have to paw around in a box or bag. I found a zipper notebook at the thrift store, put those card collection pages in it, and put scraps of floss by color in the pages. It doesn't hold it all yet, I need more pages. But it is a good start. I am excited to get back to doing a bit of counted cross stitch. As if I need a new hobby. Not exactly new, but I haven't done any in a long time.

The more orderly my craft things get the more excited I am about being able to spend some more time crafting. I have been spending a lot of time knitting and crocheting. I just downloaded a karate uniform and a denim jacket for American Girls... I have to watch it, I will just plan and plan and never Do. I don't really think I need to worry about it.

Tomorrow, my cousin J and I are going to help my mom plan a display about my father. It will be a bittersweet day.

Enough rambling.

post signature

No comments:

About Me

My photo
just a crafty grandma experimenting with all sorts of things. My main interests are paper craft of any kind and quilting/sewing. But I've done leatherwork, polymer clay, on-the-wheel pottery, painted molded ceramics, papier mache, stained glass, plaster casting, linoleum printing, paper making... you name it, I've probably tried it. A few I actually stuck with. :)