Thursday, March 3, 2011

a quilty pleasure...

Joel's quilt is now all cut out and partly pieced. A little more than yesterday. I'm using a really simple pattern, called Turning Twenty. It says, "turn twenty fat quarters into a quilt in three hours"... well I spent two today, and I am either very very slow or not very experienced... well I've done lots of quilty projects, but not quilts this big...

But I don't care. I'll get it done when I get it done. I can't see making ANY quilt in three hours... maybe cut it out and piece the top, but not make a quilt.

I like the way it looks so far. I should be able to get the rest of the top pieced by tomorrow. Will see. Depends on how big of a pull those erasers have.

1 comment:

Lindy said...

well it wasn't erasers, it was the pull of grandsons... going to go play today. Yesterday was full of chores and obligations and no time for art... and today we will play.

About Me

My photo
just a crafty grandma experimenting with all sorts of things. My main interests are paper craft of any kind and quilting/sewing. But I've done leatherwork, polymer clay, on-the-wheel pottery, painted molded ceramics, papier mache, stained glass, plaster casting, linoleum printing, paper making... you name it, I've probably tried it. A few I actually stuck with. :)