Friday, June 26, 2015

The Artfully Simple Infinity Scarf

I have officially finished three of these infinity scarves. I really like this for doing in the car. Not much thinking, just keep Calm and Crochet On.

We went to San Francisco yesterday, and finished a whole scarf coming and going. It was a lovely cool day there in comparison to what we were facing here... the forecast was 106. We wandered on Pier 39 and had lunch at Luigi's. Our favorite spot. We were thinking of going to Bubba Gump's but there was a 20 minute wait just to get inside! I had the Panzanella salad with chicken and hubby had pizza.

Bought a pretty pair of seahorse earrings and a purse. I admired the purse last time but didn't get it. It is a Nepalese Hobo purse. I held it up and hubby started singing "if you're going to San Francisco, you'd better wear a flower in your hair..."  Yah I guess he's right... but I really like it. It's fun to remember those days. I didn't smoke weed but I sure liked to dress the part back then. My hair was long and I wore long dresses and seed bead necklaces. I learned how to make daisy necklaces out of seed beads and friendship bracelets. My jeans had patches and I wore Birkenstocks for years. I didn't embrace the drugs part of it, and I showered and wore deodorant, LOL... but I guess I was a bit jealous of the freedom.

 I love the natural and casual look from back then. I am a country girl living in the city. I've been looking at the old peasant top patterns and actually thinking about making one. I have to decide if it is an acceptable look for this Old Lady.

post signature

No comments:

About Me

My photo
just a crafty grandma experimenting with all sorts of things. My main interests are paper craft of any kind and quilting/sewing. But I've done leatherwork, polymer clay, on-the-wheel pottery, painted molded ceramics, papier mache, stained glass, plaster casting, linoleum printing, paper making... you name it, I've probably tried it. A few I actually stuck with. :)