Thursday, June 11, 2015

Thread Talk!

Found this site while surfing today, and it looks like a great resource for threads. I was given a big pile of embroidery floss, pearl cotton, rayon floss, and miscellaneous threads. I didn't really know what to do with them, specifically, and this site has helped me to figure it out. Since I like to embroider, it will come in handy.
Thread Talk! Sizing Up Cotton Threads – Needle’nThread.com

The other thing I will be doing is friendship bracelets. Already made a few for my grandchildren, and gave my daughter in law some to help them learn how! Speaking of friendship bracelets, here's a site about adding clasps to them. I'm going to give it a try. Then I would be more willing to spend the hours it takes to knot the things-- because they wouldn't wear out as quickly. Friendship Bracelet Clasps  another idea with a different clasp-- Screw clasp for friendship bracelets
post signature

No comments:

About Me

My photo
just a crafty grandma experimenting with all sorts of things. My main interests are paper craft of any kind and quilting/sewing. But I've done leatherwork, polymer clay, on-the-wheel pottery, painted molded ceramics, papier mache, stained glass, plaster casting, linoleum printing, paper making... you name it, I've probably tried it. A few I actually stuck with. :)