Saturday, August 9, 2008

take a deep breath

well this seems pretty silly, to just have a blog for ME and what I create. But I do more than quilt. In fact, I quilt less than I do more than! I love quick little things, and have had so much fun exploring blogs and trying new things that are not quilted... well I want to somehow document what I've been doing. Some has been for the shop, Quilter's Friend. Lately, I've been doing more for ME and if it happens to work for the shop, great.

My mom knew when it was time for sewing. She'd say, Linda, you're cooking this week, I'm sewing! And so we would have miserable meals for a week, and she would sew.Oh have I been sidetracked today! I was thinking about how reluctantly I have gotten into quilting. My mom and grandma and great grandma all made wonderful utilitarian quilts. I grew up comforted by their hard work. Yet I didn't catch that bug until I was over 50.I've been trying to come up with a more descriptive name, and "The Reluctant Quilter" sounded good. But lo and behold, there is already a reluctant quilter out there blogging...The Reluctant Quilterand she, like me, was not a teenage quilter. So I guess I will just stay who I am. :)Of course I visited her blog, and saw her quilting bloggers link, and had to go there, and her "quilters get listed" link, and had to go there, and then there was the catzonmyquilts link, and had to go there, and then I had to rush to get to the post office before it closed. There went the afternoon. But it was fun, I learned a lot!
So have fun running around the internet, just don't forget dinner!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
just a crafty grandma experimenting with all sorts of things. My main interests are paper craft of any kind and quilting/sewing. But I've done leatherwork, polymer clay, on-the-wheel pottery, painted molded ceramics, papier mache, stained glass, plaster casting, linoleum printing, paper making... you name it, I've probably tried it. A few I actually stuck with. :)