Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Paper Piecing

The reason I like paper piecing is that it is precise. I still have a lot of practicing to do on Getting Pieces Perfectly Cut and Sewing With a Scant Quarter Inch Seam. I do better with Sorta Straight and Almost Perfect... so landscape quilting and paper piecing are right up my alley.I discovered a site, Paper Panache, http://www.paperpanache.com/ and did the mystery piecing challenge. One takes a pattern and just follows directions and you get what you get. I thought it was fun. It's posted at the shop-- I don't want to spoil the surprise for those that are doing the project. There are some other ones that I want to order,but I've spent my allotment for the month already (yes I know we're not even halfway through the month!!) so I will have to wait until September. There are some good free ones I am trying in the meantime. Good site to explore.

I also got a kick out of Quiltville's blog today-http://quiltville.blogspot.com/2008/08/tonya-bonnies-fungly-challenge.htmlSounds like a good way to practice a block and fits right in with my Almost Perfect style. :)

No comments:

About Me

My photo
just a crafty grandma experimenting with all sorts of things. My main interests are paper craft of any kind and quilting/sewing. But I've done leatherwork, polymer clay, on-the-wheel pottery, painted molded ceramics, papier mache, stained glass, plaster casting, linoleum printing, paper making... you name it, I've probably tried it. A few I actually stuck with. :)