Wednesday, August 20, 2008

embossing on card stock


For this one I embossed with an embossing plate on two sided card stock. I then sanded it lightly to reveal the other color. It is much prettier in person. I decided to leave it just plain.
My interest in embossing started at a craft fair a number of years ago. The woman who was selling them just quickly did it, and what she did was so cute! So I bought some, but didn't do much with them.
This is from a set of plastic embossing plates I got thinking they would be good for rubbings. They are-- especially for kids, because they are tough. Embossing with them takes a lot of time and effort. But I like the results. Something to do during NASCAR races!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
just a crafty grandma experimenting with all sorts of things. My main interests are paper craft of any kind and quilting/sewing. But I've done leatherwork, polymer clay, on-the-wheel pottery, painted molded ceramics, papier mache, stained glass, plaster casting, linoleum printing, paper making... you name it, I've probably tried it. A few I actually stuck with. :)