Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Lady in Cheongsam

I am part of the making-greeting-cards.com yahoo group and Flora sent out some stamped images as a challenge for us to make a card with it. It was good to see the variety of interpretations of the image. For me, after I had colored her with watercolor pencils, she just looked joyous. I wanted to put some kind of Chinese writing but not knowing Chinese didn't know what to do. I found a site that had some; this says "dance" I hope. Inside, I put "dance like nobody's watching".

This was a fun challenge. I really like the way she turned out. Simple.

I thought that "cheongsam" was a place, but it is one name for the traditional Chinese dress. This is a more modern variation. I learned that I know very little about China. :) Now with the Olympics is a great time to get more educated!

By the way, if you click on the picture, you can see every little imperfection!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
just a crafty grandma experimenting with all sorts of things. My main interests are paper craft of any kind and quilting/sewing. But I've done leatherwork, polymer clay, on-the-wheel pottery, painted molded ceramics, papier mache, stained glass, plaster casting, linoleum printing, paper making... you name it, I've probably tried it. A few I actually stuck with. :)