Monday, August 24, 2020

Can a Squash Blossom be Encouraging??

Sometimes life feels normal, sometimes it doesn't. We picked up groceries this morning, we choose to go at 7 am when few people are there. We don't go in, we just pick up our order outside. It's a pretty good system, I wouldn't even mind keeping it up under normal circumstances, if it ever gets normal again.

The garden was encouraging today. The squash are blooming again after a few days of dry heat it was cooler yesterday and today. There is even one tiny green bean. That struck me funny. I planted NINE green bean plants, and only 3 came up, and only 1 survived bugs. So we may be able to have a bean or two for dinner some night. I'm going to plant again pretty soon, we don't have frost here until November or so, so we may get another crop in. 

I have to learn about how to prune these roses, I've just been chopping at them, and they bloom really well, but still. They were supposed to be a tiny mini rose plant. They have turned out to be about 6 feet tall, and definitely NOT miniature. 

This card front has been done a long time, but never mounted on to a card. It's a Michael Strong stamp, and a script background stamp with glittery embossing, on an ink blended background. Sometimes I like cards so well I want to keep them. This one is that. But it's getting sent off tomorrow, hope they like it.


Good night, sleep tight, don't let the bedbugs bite. 



post signature

No comments:

About Me

My photo
just a crafty grandma experimenting with all sorts of things. My main interests are paper craft of any kind and quilting/sewing. But I've done leatherwork, polymer clay, on-the-wheel pottery, painted molded ceramics, papier mache, stained glass, plaster casting, linoleum printing, paper making... you name it, I've probably tried it. A few I actually stuck with. :)