Wednesday, August 26, 2020

Just Rambling

no new cards but I mailed 4 of them, and got one ready to mail tomorrow, but we're out of stamps.... so might drop it off where it's going since it's in town. 

.I should have taken a picture of "dinner" but I didn't think about it. I actually made a meal today.  Mongolian Beef, zucchini from the garden, rice, and artichokes. Kind of a strange meal, lots of veggies. It was PF Chiang's Mongolian Beef, we got it when we couldn't get any meat, and then didn't use it. It was pretty tasty, not as salty as I expected. Not much in the bag though, it was barely enough for two. Next time if any I will add more veggies. I might just find a similar recipe. 

Did nothing crafty today. I got a new cutter thing for my rotary cutter, so that's good. I also got thread and fabric from JoAnn's so I can finish my pillowcases, which were supposed to be finished awhile ago. Oh well. No kicking myself. Just move on. I found the flannel for the baby blanket for New Baby Coming Soon to my son.It hasn't been long since I made one, for Daughter's baby, so it should go quickly, I hope. I should write down all the hints since it wasn't a 10 minute project as promised.

There's a hurricane almost hitting land in the gulf. Everywhere there is always some danger, hurricanes, tornados, derecho storms in the midwest. The south has lots of humidity, the north has snow. 

California has earthquakes. So far not Big Ones in awhile. I don't really worry much. There's not an Earthquake Season to dread. It gets hot sometimes, like the 112 degrees last week. But not often. It's pretty mellow, and we don't generally get frost until mid November. So I think I'll stay here. The weather and grandchildren keep me here although I would like to be closer to my daughter and stepson. 

3 of my kids are celebrating 7th wedding anniversaries this year. 

Time just flies. Feeling OLD. 




post signature

No comments:

About Me

My photo
just a crafty grandma experimenting with all sorts of things. My main interests are paper craft of any kind and quilting/sewing. But I've done leatherwork, polymer clay, on-the-wheel pottery, painted molded ceramics, papier mache, stained glass, plaster casting, linoleum printing, paper making... you name it, I've probably tried it. A few I actually stuck with. :)