Saturday, August 29, 2020

More finishing what I started

I've been fighting inertia and depression today. It's all I can do not to just go crawl in bed.... but I've been promising myself to get into some kind of routine, even if it means get up, make bed, get dressed, make sure kitchen and bathrooms are clean... most days I make it through the bathrooms but that kitchen is a stinker. I get stuff WASHED but then not put away. It's hard on the inertia days. And I don't remember if I made my bed, but I AM dressed. 


This one I stamped a long time ago with a piece of a shoe liner that looked interesting. I am never reluctant to stamp with oddments, shoes sometimes have interesting patterns, like flip flops, some are better than others. I've used flyswatters as stencils, and printed with leaves. I just get a kick out of the unusual, and patterns catch my attention. 


I think this is the first white on white on white card I ever did. But for some reason, I just had to leave it un-inked. I got that set of word dies, I really should give credit here but I have no idea. 


Another one of those ink swiped embossing folder ones. I could use more practice so there weren't such ink lines. But all in all I love it.


Same issue with this. I was trying to get the effect of a storm, but those lines.... I will definitely try again, and imperfect just means I am human, right? And getting the edge of the work surface in the picture... I'm not professional. I'm just me.


These four are to make a set for whoever. This is a fun embossing folder, I have used it a lot.

So now I should go finish what I started, get those dishes put away. It's way better than I used to be, at least, there's not dirty dishes in the sink. I didn't get very far with FlyLady, but I did get into THAT habit, making sure the dishes are washed before I go to bed. And make the bed when I get up. I don't know how many years it took me to get that far, but hey, I am also not allowed to kick myself when I'm not perfect, that's every day. 

I CAN have a clean kitchen. It does not look like this at the moment. But this was a few years ago, I refinished the floor, waxed the counters and doors and drawers, and put up a new blind (which the cat tore up since then) Just to remind me that I CAN DO THIS. Pulling away from depression is sure not easy. This blogging stuff helps. 😀 and yes there are butterflies in just about every room in my house. 





post signature

No comments:

About Me

My photo
just a crafty grandma experimenting with all sorts of things. My main interests are paper craft of any kind and quilting/sewing. But I've done leatherwork, polymer clay, on-the-wheel pottery, painted molded ceramics, papier mache, stained glass, plaster casting, linoleum printing, paper making... you name it, I've probably tried it. A few I actually stuck with. :)