Thursday, August 27, 2020

Finishing what I started

I recently found a pile of card fronts I started and never got put together. It was fun doing a bunch of them so quickly. There is still a pile but here's a few. 


A simple embossing folder swiped with Tim Holtz distress inks.  There's a new color out there tempting me, a really vibrant orange. I do, however, have an orange, so it isn't that I really NEED it.



















Another embossing folder. I think I did 20 or 30 of these that day, I had so much fun. I still have 3 or 4 that haven't been made into cards yet. 





















A simple card colored with colored pencils. Coloring isn't my strength, I sure haven't practiced a lot, but I do enjoy doing it while watching my husband watch television.





















Another card colored with pencils. Can you tell I love butterflies?? And I just bought some butterfly stamps. I better get going on these "to finish" cards because I promised to finish what I started before I start any more. Well at least finish SOME.  It depends on what I consider STARTED. I have dozens of gelli prints waiting to be made into something, I'm not counting those, unless I want to. "to finish" are the ones already cut to size. And that's MY rule, so I can do what I want. 













This last one is a plain embossing folder, and the embellishment is made from Sculpey rolled pretty thinly and stamped, and then I rubbed it with white paint. I still have 3 of them from when I did them, a fish and some other flowers. I love how this looks, just plain to showcase the flowers. I am thinking that I could also make some sculpey jewelry like this, by putting a hole at the top. I could even lightly adhere it to a card, with a chain already on it, since I found a bag of about 100 silver chains at the thrift store... maybe I'm getting inspired again, it's been a sad time lately, with very little creative spark happening. So finishing these is helping with a little sparking, maybe I should save up some sparking and do something new and leave them to spark me again later. 
No, Linda. There are plenty of sparky things. Embellishments, charms, embossing folders, patterned paper, gelli prints...... Get them done. 
post signature

No comments:

About Me

My photo
just a crafty grandma experimenting with all sorts of things. My main interests are paper craft of any kind and quilting/sewing. But I've done leatherwork, polymer clay, on-the-wheel pottery, painted molded ceramics, papier mache, stained glass, plaster casting, linoleum printing, paper making... you name it, I've probably tried it. A few I actually stuck with. :)